Expanding your leadership is an important part of WBL's mission. Whether you are already a board member and looking to add a few boards to your list, or you are a first time candidate, WBL has resources for you.
1. Publications-- Answering the Call (which is for any board member, current or prospective) about the risks and responsibilities of serving on a board. There's a special chapter on non-profit board membership that you can't miss, as well as a chapter about how to position yourself as a board candidate.
2. Educational programming-- watch our Event Calendar for upcoming webinars, or download our recent series on "Acing the Board Interview" at our Online Store
3. Guides preparing your board resume:
--Guide for preparing your board bio
4. Policy documents for your company to help gain permission to serve on an outside board:
--Model Company Policy for Outside Board Service
--Form for Gaining Company Permission to serve on an outside board
--Internal Talking Points to discuss the benefits of board service
5. Advertised active board opportunities that you can apply for through WBL and submit your bio-- log in to enjoy this Member resource.
6. Relationships with exciting partner organizations to keep you up to date on the plethora of news and readings - see below.
Founded in 2011, the Thirty Percent Coalition is a unique and groundbreaking national organization committed to the goal of women, including women of color, holding 30% of board seats across public companies. Today, more than 80 members are working together, for the first time, driving the pace of change — public and private companies, private equity, professional service firms, institutional investors, government officials, national advocacy and non profit organizations, and individuals. The Coalition works on the demand side of board diversity – influencing corporations to strengthen their efforts to increase the number of women on their boards. There is no other organization of this kind in the United States.
||2020 Women on Boards is a national campaign to increase the percentage of women on U.S. company boards to 20% or greater by the year 2020. Learn where the companies you invest in stand -- and how many women make up their boards. 2020 WOB has ways to take action easily and quickly on this issue -- right on their website.
||Formed in 2004, the InterOrganizationNetwork (ION) consists of 16 regional organizations in the United States representing more than 10,000 women in business across a wide range of industries. Through ION, these women combine their energies in advocating the advancement of women to positions of power in the business world, especially to boards of directors and executive suites. ION publishes compelling data and reports about board diversity in 16 different cities/regions in the US..