WBL completed a new strategic plan in 2013 that outlines a strong plan for the future of the organization. In doing so, we reaffirmed our commitment to the mission and values listed below which are the heart of the organization.
To connect and convene senior executive women from across the health care industry to create meaningful cross-sector relationships, expand their leadership and harness their collective power to improve the industry.
- Relentless advocacy for advancing women. We are a constant, consistent voice promoting the business case for women in senior management and on corporate boards. We are committed to raising the tide for other women, understanding there are seats for all of us.
- Quality relationships. Our connections are truly meaningful and transcend projects and business deals.
- Continuous learning. We are life-long learners. We must constantly be learning in order to improve our industry and expand our leadership.
- Collaboration. Working together, we achieve more than working alone. Through collaboration we maximize our impact, drive cross-sector innovation, and generate improved outcomes in our industry.
- Courageous thought leadership. We are energized and empowered by the freedom to think differently and explore new perspectives and possibilities. We voice and implement our ideas with power and effectiveness
- Integrity. We prioritize and value each connection and unequivocally act with the highest ethical and moral standards in each interaction.
- Achievement-focused. We are motivated to succeed. We aim for the top and strive for consistent success. We set clear goals, expect high standards, and hold ourselves accountable. We are models of leadership and stewardship as we strive to improve our industry and our businesses.
- Fun. We create a comfortable environment that is safe, secure, and a place to be yourself.
We envision a WBL
- An active organization that brings together
senior executive women in health care by offering a quality, sought-after
membership comprised of respected thought leaders in health care;
- A membership engaged at the national level of
the industry, representing a high percentage of the industry’s women leaders
and the top health care organizations in the U.S.;
- A "go-to” source for board candidates.
We envision that
because of WBL’s work and efforts:
- Women across the health care industry know
each other and collaborate to maximize synergies and merge strategies;
- Ultimately, health care has improved due to
the innovation and improvements resulting from WBL members’ collaborations;
- The annual WBL Summit is known as the premier
gathering place for women senior executives – it is a powerful event that
creates a magical environment of collaboration, sharing, and deep relationship-building.
And WBL’s work has
- An increased percentage of women in top
leadership positions, both in the boardroom and the C-suite;
- A high
percentage of board members of the top NYSE and NASDAQ companies are WBL
- An overall increase in
the number of women that seek board positions to expand their leadership through board service.